Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Homesick.....

Life is so funny at times, when you've got everything and yet nothing. I always wanted to be here, where i am, all my life. I don't exactly remember how this desire popped in my brain, but my father once told me in Class 9 that this wish of working with computers came as early as when i was in Class 3 and has never left me! Inevitably, my only choice was an Engineering in Computers and here i am a software professional. Sometimes life is such a struggle, and no all the years were not easy, but something kept me going.

I was very proud of all i have done amidst all my challenges, esp on my first onsite assignment. Singapore is a beautiful city and for a person like me who loves to see places, it was a wonderful opportunity to start with. But like i said, life is funny. I have all i need. A loving supporting husband, great parents and inlaws, and such a wonderful baby, a good career to build on, in the field i always wanted to be in and i still love my job. But yet, there is something missing. The face of my daughter all smiles and running around the house playing with me haunts me.

We homosapiens, are always in search of something. There is always a void which needs to be filled in. We can always find something to improve!

I walk back home tonight, counting my days of stay abroad. Counting the days to hold my daughter and sing to her (our crazy songs :)). Counting the days to cook for my husband. Counting days to laugh together! Counting days to quarrel with my mother.

I am coming home.....humming a song all the way.....to be with the people i love so much.

No comments: